Last night I was making cookies for our
Young Women's to celebrate the November birthdays. The timer went off as I was responding to an email, so Mike went to check on them for me. The first time he let them stay in for a few more minutes and then he went back and pulled them out. However, I didn't realize this when I finished my email and went over to take them out. Being fairly tired, without an oven mitt, I grabbed the cookie sheet to move it out of the way for the "new" sheet to be taken "out of the oven". I think I screamed and tried to hold back any words that I would regret. I was soaking my hand in a paper towel drenched with pure vanilla for the next two hours.
Forward to this morning...a "mouse" got into the cookies, so I had to make more to have enough for our very large Young Women's group. I put the last batch in and went to do Katie's hair. The timer went off and I asked Mike if he would once again go take them out for me, no matter what they looked like.
This is what greeted me when I walked into the kitchen a few minutes later...
LOL!
6 comments:
what does Vanilla do?
That is so funny!
I love that you can both
have humor in every situation.
Thanks for the vanilla tip.
That one is new to me
but I will try it next time.
Annette - Vanilla helps take the burn out, somehow...I am not sure how, but it works. I only have one small spot that is slightly tender, and it should have been really bad because I had totally grabbed it right after it came out. It has to be PURE vanilla though, not artificial. Again, not sure why. :)
Keri - Thanks, however, I must admit that I only share the moments that I handle with humor. :)
That is so funny! I have also done that brilliant act of grabbing the hot pan. I hope your hand is doing well.
what do we do without those husbands? they are created to keep us humble and giggling. It is good to have both those things. Wow, vanilla- never knew that- what about vanilla with alcohol in it? Like I have some stuff that says it is like vanilla bourbon, but it is sold at costco in the spice and sugar isle so I am pretty sure it is not liquor, I would hate to put it on a burn only to find out that this kind actually reburns the burn!
I never knew that about vanilla either. Very interesting! Love the little sign. Kids crack me up.
Post a Comment