Tuesday, March 18, 2008
Boxes
Ah, the love of boxes. I remember reading a book when I was young, about a girl who gets this huge box to play with from her parents. It goes through several transformations, of different things for her to imagine with. Two weeks ago we got an elliptical machine in a HUGE box (with some final assembly for us to do). Our kids have been chomping at the bit to get a hold of the box. We finally got the machine out of the box and into the backyard for the kids to play in. It has been the best toy for this spring break. I couldn't have planned it better. Today, I finally took pictures with the kids and friends that were over (Emily and Kristin). They had a blast. Ironically, my normally space ranger/pirate Christian was the nurturing one of the group today in the pictures (notice he is protecting his bunny bear and the girls are toting the water guns and cardboard sword).




Later, I went looking for Katie as I had promised to take her on an errand with me after I finished cleaning up some of my baking messes. When I called for her, no one answered. Finally, Christian pipes up, "She's in the box, Mom!" And so she was. The first picture is how I found her and then what she was up too. Ah, the majesty of youth, the price of admission for one great imagination, is a box.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Love the picture of Katie reading in the box! Big boxes are a great toy indeed!
One of my best friends in Elementary school, her grandparents owned a furniture store. She had a huge solarium at her house and they always had refrigerator and dishwasher boxes that they would cut out holes and doors and play house. It was soo much fun. I was always so envious of the cardboard boxes.
What kind of elliptical did you get and do you like it so far?
yeah, I always wished for a big box too after that book, but never got one.
We got the NordiTrack Commercial 1300 at Costco. It took about two hours or less to assemble. It really wasn't bad. You do have to have two people to assemble it. We love having it at the house already. I didn't realize how out of shape you can get in just three months. It is going to be good, especially since Katie hates going to the gym. The kids love to get on it too, but don't tell anyone, because you aren't supposed to be on it if you are under 12... he, he.
Post a Comment