Growing up in a large Mormon family, I grew up with a mother that made her own bread, pizza dough, dipped chocolates, dinner (nearly every day), and even her own yogurt at times. Finally back in October or November, I expressed to Mike that after 14 years of being "grown-up" I was ready for a "real" mixer. Although grateful for our awesome hand mixer that we were given for our wedding (I don't think we even registered for one...obviously wasn't on my mind at the time), I was ready to make the big move. After talking to several friends and getting input, I let Mike know that when we were ready for the big purchase I would like to get a Bosch Mixer. Wanting to tap into using and rotating our food storage, I also wanted to get a grain mill so I could grind the grain that I had.
In the last couple of years I have come to the realization that if Mike is to know what gift I would actually want to get, giving some information would be helpful. What a concept! For years he didn't know that I wanted anything because I would dream quietly. So when I finally decided what I wanted, I told him as if it was just in passing,..."By the way,...in case you happen to run across one of these....I would really like one..." He is so cute, he was visually trying to keep it cool about being excited to know what I really wanted. He loves to gift, and I unfortunately am hard to please only because I unwittingly never gave him a clue as to what would really make my day. Unbeknownst to me, over Thanksgiving with my family in California, he was asking everybody about the mixer and getting advice. My awesome BIL Geoff has a friend that sells them and got Mike an awesome deal for my HUGE Christmas gift (Thanks Geoff!). I didn't know that making cookies could be so fast. Finally this week I went back for a post gift bread making lesson with my friend Kaylene (Sorry Mom, I couldn't remember) to make sure I knew what I was doing. The kids have always enjoyed homemade bread from our bread machine, so now to see 6 loaves come out of the oven at one time is almost to much for them. Let us just say, they are in bread heaven. Mike is happy too. It is the now the gift that keeps on giving back! So here is the picture of my first batch of bread. First of many more to come. (Thanks, Honey!)
In the last couple of years I have come to the realization that if Mike is to know what gift I would actually want to get, giving some information would be helpful. What a concept! For years he didn't know that I wanted anything because I would dream quietly. So when I finally decided what I wanted, I told him as if it was just in passing,..."By the way,...in case you happen to run across one of these....I would really like one..." He is so cute, he was visually trying to keep it cool about being excited to know what I really wanted. He loves to gift, and I unfortunately am hard to please only because I unwittingly never gave him a clue as to what would really make my day. Unbeknownst to me, over Thanksgiving with my family in California, he was asking everybody about the mixer and getting advice. My awesome BIL Geoff has a friend that sells them and got Mike an awesome deal for my HUGE Christmas gift (Thanks Geoff!). I didn't know that making cookies could be so fast. Finally this week I went back for a post gift bread making lesson with my friend Kaylene (Sorry Mom, I couldn't remember) to make sure I knew what I was doing. The kids have always enjoyed homemade bread from our bread machine, so now to see 6 loaves come out of the oven at one time is almost to much for them. Let us just say, they are in bread heaven. Mike is happy too. It is the now the gift that keeps on giving back! So here is the picture of my first batch of bread. First of many more to come. (Thanks, Honey!)


4 comments:
Yay! Those loaves look awesome! Way to go. Did you use the Hatch recipe?
Yes! The Hatch Recipe is so yummy. And I actually referred to your blog for the written recipe and putting butter on it for that pretty sheen! Thanks for inspiring me too!
My mom just got a Bosch last summer and absolutely loves it. That's pretty cool that you got your dream gift!
yay, for the beautiful Bosch! I just hope that I don't have be a grown up that long before we can get one! LOL Both my grandmother and mother have had them for as long as I can remember. I greatly miss it.
Your homemade bread made my mouthwater!
Post a Comment